Monday, June 15, 2015

Jobs

I'm currently working two jobs.
In November I quit my corporate job because I was miserable.
I got in a position that wasn't a great fit for me, and because you have to stay in positions 6 months to a year before you can transfer out, I was stuck.
I never minded my corporate jobs.
In fact, I always liked my positions, until the last one.
I couldn't get out of bed to go to work.
My husband literally had to pull me out of bed a couple of times.
So after going over finances, thinking and (him) praying on it.
He told me to quit.
So I did.

I started working part time at my friends salon and spa as a receptionist.
I LOVE IT.
I work with amazing women who are passionate about their careers and fun to be around.
However, I wasn't able to get enough day time hours there, and I can't work all weekday nights, because I want to see my little family.
So I put a call out and got another part time job at a local doggie day care as the receptionist there!
I'm super excited to start that position tomorrow.
Some people think I'm crazy that I rather work 2 part time jobs.
But I rather work 2 part time jobs doing things I like and interacting with people and pets then work one full time job that I hate.
I'm just lucky my husband let me take this leap, as not everyone can afford it.
Not everyone has that supportive of a husband.
Believe me, I know how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment