Wednesday, August 5, 2015

White Person!!

Got your attention, didn't I?

I can't remember how long it's been that I have said "White Person!" when waiting to cross a road.
I stand there, looking around, big orange numbers counting down, a big orange hand motioning STOP and then... it happens!
"White person!!"
It's time to walk across the street.
I did this once with Jerry by my side and he said "What are you saying that for?"
I kinda laughed and said, while pointing at the 'white person walking' symbol, that we could now walk across the street.
In his joking way... he said "That's racist."
Image result for pedestrian cross walk signals

The other day while leaving the Downtown Farmers market and waiting for the light to change....
"White person!" and we walked across the street.
Jerry and I got in to a conversation, jokingly of course, about how racist this sign is.
I mean the hand telling us to stop is orange, but the person telling us to walk is white.
Wouldn't it actually make more sense for the hand to be RED and the person to be GREEN?
(You know...red stop... green go....)

It's just amazing how discrimination really is every where.
Even on pedestrian cross walk signs.
*sigh*

I found this picture and feel sorry for anyone that is not in love... you can't cross this street.
Image result for when was the first traffic light for pedestrians used

Only if you frolic can you cross this street....
Image result for pedestrian cross walk signals

If you like the movie Big... you can cross this street...

Image result for pedestrian cross walk signals

Yes.. this guy is GREEN... but I think he's chugging a beer.
So only if you are drunk can you cross this street.
Image result for pedestrian cross walk signals

Are you old?
Do you need a cane or another old person to lean on?
You may cross now.
Image result for pedestrian cross walk signals

My point is... I have no point.

 
****I also went to look this up on Google on who/what/when/where the signal light was invented and CRAZY enough... it was 101 years ago TODAY that the first traffic signal was used!
It was first used in Cleveland, OH.
The first pedestrian light was erected in 1868... but dates back more then 2000 years.****

No comments:

Post a Comment