Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins #3 - Greed

greed            

noun \ˈgrēd\

:  a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed



Greed.
Greedy.
I don't think this word has ever been used to describe me.
I don't believe I am a greedy person at all.
I don't have a desire to 'keep up with the Jones'.

I don't really hang around greedy people either.
Everyone I know is giving, for the most part.

I would think where my greed lies is with 'time'.
I want my time with my husband, just him and I.
If we go a long time with out hanging out together, just the two of us, we miss each other.

I am greedy with family time.
It's actually something Jerry and I talked about in pre-marriage counseling.
I had to talk about how I don't want to miss anything my parents and sisters are doing.
Packer Sundays, dinners, random gathering, holidays... it's VERY hard for me to give up any time with my family, so that could be looked at as greedy.

I was probably greedy when I was younger... but I don't recall.....
Do you think you are greedy over certain things?

Image result for picture of greed

No comments:

Post a Comment