Friday, July 10, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins - #1 Gluttony

glut·ton·y
ˈɡlətnē/
noun
noun: gluttony
  1. habitual greed or excess in eating.
synonyms:

greed, greediness, overeating, gourmandism, gourmandizing, voracity, insatiability;

informalpiggishness

 

The first Seven Deadly Sin I will cover is Gluttony.

 

When we first boarded the cruise ship last week, they directed us to the lido deck for drinks and food.

I was hungry.

Jerry was hungry.

Mary was hungry.

We went to the lido deck, got in line for 'The Grill' and loaded our plates with the normal American fare: hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken strips and all the dipping sauces you could imagine.

You want chili cheese fries in 95 degree heat?

Ok... it's yours!

As I sat down to eat my large hotdog with bbq sauce, my chicken strips with honey mustard and my fries with nacho cheese sauce, I took a minute to look around.

And then looked at my plate.

Then looked around again.

The first word that came to my mind while looking through the very large eating area and my own plate was
:

Gluttony.

Holy shit.

 

People on the cruise were of all shapes and sizes.

Some very large.

Some very small.

Some very 'me'.

They all had one thing in common.

Everyone took HUGE plates full of food.

More than some people eat in a day.

One day I had eggs benedict and macaroni and cheese.... FOR BREAKFAST!!

It's free!!

No.. really it's not... it's in the cost of your freaking cruise...

But since you don't actually have to PAY at the time... it seems free.

 

I ate huge breakfasts.

Huge lunches.

Huge dinners.

For no reason besides the food was THERE.

It was the most 'gluttoness' thing I have ever seen or been apart of.

(According to my sources 'gluttoness' is not a word, but I'm using it.)

 

I actually see how people that barely get any food in a day could hate me.

I ate and wasted enough food in 4 days to feed a 'normal' person for 3 weeks.

 

**Next time you think you are 'starving' or 'so full'.... be thankful you don't actually know what starving feels like and be ashamed that you ate enough to be 'so full'.

 

There is a happy medium.

Find it.

Don't be apart of the 7 deadly sins.
 

**message to myself.

 

 

 

 

 


 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment