Monday, July 13, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins - #2 Sloth

sloth      

noun \ˈslth, ˈsläth also ˈslōth\
: the quality or state of being lazy
: a type of animal that lives in trees in South and Central America and that moves very slowly
 
I think it would be fun to write about the animal sloth... or even Sloth from the Goonies, but instead I'm writing about being lazy.
 
I'm lazy.
I know I'm lazy.
If someone tried to insult me and said "Geesh Holly, you are so lazy!"
I would say... "Yup. Duh!!"
I currently weigh more than I have ever weighed.
I work a part time job.
I sit on my a$$ most days watching ION television.
Back to back episodes of Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods and Ghost Whisperer.
ION is almost as bad as Netflix.
I have a membership to the Y and for awhile was going 5-6 times a week.
Then I stopped.
For no reason really.
I'm just freaking lazy.
If I was in the movie Seven with Brad Pitt, I would for sure be the person that was killed for being a sloth.
Even over gluttony.
I am not proud of it, but at the same time, it just is.
I know if I lost some weight, started feeling more in shape I wouldn't be AS lazy, but I have always been a couch sitter, television watching, kind of person.
I like going out and doing things.
Traveling.
But I LOVE being home.
I need to get that work out/get in shape bug again.
When I do get it... I do pretty well at losing weight and getting in shape.
It's just a mind over matter type of thing and right now... my mind is all sloth-like.
What are your main motivations to get you off the couch?
What do you do to not become lazy?
I just can't seem to get my mental focus on losing weight/getting back in shape.... and I don't know what to do.
So I will sit on the couch, with ION playing in the back ground and go to bed at 9.
Maybe I'll be motivated tomorrow.
Maybe not.
Image result for seven deadly sins sloth

No comments:

Post a Comment